Creator: Centre for Equitable Library Access
Date Updated: January 19, 2022
The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) provides informational YouTube videos about the accessible content they provide their patrons. This video describes the different accessible book formats CELA offers.
- An accessible book is a book that has features which makes reading possible for people with disabilities.
- The accessible formats CELA offers are:
- DAISY audio, text, or a combination of both books. DAISY (or Digital Accessible Information Systems) books are played on DAISY players or accessible reading apps (like Dolphin Easy Reader)
- Digital books, both in ePUB and Word documents formats
- Braille books, both in hard copy and electronic braille formats.
- Printbraille books are children’s books with transparent braille sheets between each page.
Visit the What is an accessible book? YouTube video.
Centre for Equitable Library Access (August 5, 2021). What is an accessible book?. YouTube video. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihRANrP9o8&t=2s