Creator: Neil Squire Society
Date Updated: October 21, 2021
Neils Squire Society is a comprehensive website that offers various services such as accessibility auditing, website and product testing, a service to help businesses develop an accessibility plan, an assistive technology help desk to assist users with their devices, and more.
- The Neil Squire Society provides resources for employers to create an accessible work environment and hiring process, including:
- The Specialized Assistive Technology and Ergonomics program works with employers to create accessible workspaces (physical and digital). For example, assessing current assistive technologies available and training with assistive technologies.
- Connecting employers with skilled job candidates with disabilities.
- Helping employers and organizations be more accessible by working together in the research and development process.
- Neil Squire Access helps organizations engage and become more accessible for their patrons or customers with disabilities.
- The Neil Squire Society promotes learning programs for persons with disabilities. These include:
- Computer Comfort offers tutorials in computer technology and assistive technology.
- Digital Jumpstart offers tutorials for technical job skills (accessing email, video conferencing, the internet, and much more).
- Group Employment Skills (available only in Saskatchewan) trains groups of people on employment skills such as interview skills, how to write a resume, and exploring career opportunities.
- Job Focus helps persons with disabilities find jobs through training and helping them search for positions.
- Hearing Solutions helps those with hearing loss connect with medical experts and information about hearing aids.
- The AT Help Desk provides troubleshooting using assistive technologies.
- Makers Making Change connects persons with disabilities to assistive technologies.
Neil Squire (2021). Neil Squire: We use technology, knowledge and passion to empower Canadians with disabilities. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/
Neil Squire (2021). Solutions. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/solutions/
Neil Squire (2021). Working Together. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/workingtogether/
Neil Squire (2021). Research & Development Services. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/research-development-services/
Neil Squire (2021). Neil Squire Access. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/ns-access/
Neil Squire (2021). Computer Comfort. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/computer-comfort/
Neil Squire (2021). Digital Jumpstart. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/digital-jumpstart/
Neil Squire (2021). Group Employment Skills. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/group-employment-skills/
Neil Squire (2021). Job Focus. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/job-focus/
Neil Squire (2021). Hearing Solutions. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/hearing-solutions/
Neil Squire (2021). AT Help Desk. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/contact-us/atlantic-regional-office/ta-atsupport/
Neil Squire (2021). Makers Making Change. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/makers-making-change/