Date Updated: October 21, 2022
This course has been developed for many professionals interested in expanding their practical understanding of accessibility. Upon completion of Accessible Spaces 101, a digital badge is awarded that can be saved and shared.
- Many Canadians have experienced a permanent or temporary disability. Making sure all spaces are accessible will help everyone participate in our communities and society without barriers.
- Accessible Spaces 101 is an online two-week self-paced training course that will require about 8 hours of your time each week. The total cost to take this course is $720.
- You will learn the following information in this course:
- The impact social and physical environments have on people with disabilities.
- Current accessibility legislation, laws, and standards
- Understanding universal design principles and standards in physical spaces
- By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Confidently support the needs and capabilities of a diverse workforce that includes people with disabilities.
- Communicate respectively with people with disabilities.
- Improve accessibility in the workplace and your services.
- Understand legislation and laws related to disabilities and accessibility.
- Incorporate accessibility into different projects.
PowerED (2021). Accessible Spaces 101. Web page. Retrieved from: https://powered.athabascau.ca/product?catalog=Accessible-Spaces-101
PowerED (2021). Accessible Spaces 101. PDF. Retrieved from: https://dam.athabascau.ca/GF7L4P38/as/mbnt2v8k6zmcpcfsxh64h43j/2020_PowerED_Accessible_Spaces_101_Web_Final