Accessible Libraries conducted the Accessible Social Media webinar on May 26, 2022. You can now download the webinar slides!
The webinar includes guidelines and demonstrations of how inaccessible and accessible social media posts can be for persons with disabilities. It covers the following social media components:
- Include Alternative Text if you are posting an image or JIF/GIF.
- Use Pascal Case Hashtags at the end of your social media posts.
- Limit the number of Emojis in your posts.
- Include Captions in any media with audio.
- Add Audio Descriptions to videos if there is undescribed visual information users need to understand the content.