Creator: Rachel Rosenberg and Book Riot
Date Updated: January 10, 2023
The article Best Dyslexia-Friendly Books for Kids by Rachel Rosenburg, posted on the blog Book Riot, lists 12 awesome books for people with dyslexia. The books, written and formatted for children with dyslexia, are organized into categories like picture books, chapter books, and graphic novels.
All information on this page has been summarized from the Best Dyslexia-Friendly Books for Kids article.
The article begins with an introduction to dyslexia and a brief overview of how dyslexia-friendly books are formatted. The formatting features include the following:
- The text is formatted so that children with dyslexia can process the information easier. The font is generally large, looks handwritten (or uses fonts developed specifically for dyslexic readers), the lines have wide spacing, and the images have high contrast.
- The book structure generally has shorter chapters so readers can take breaks.
The books listed in this article include:
- The Map Challenge: A Book About Dyslexia by Tracy Packiam Alloway and Ana Sanfilippo
- Diary Of A Dyslexic School Kid by Alais Winton and Zac Millard
- Just Ask! Be Different, Be Brave, Be You by Sonia Sotomayor and Rafael López
- The Great (Food) Bank Heist by Onjali Q. Raúf and Elisa Paganelli
- Dr. Dyslexia Dude by Dr. Shawn Robinson, Inshirah Robinson and Brandon Hadnot-Walker
- Xtraordinary People: Made By Dyslexia by Kate Griggs And Steven Woods
Read the Best Dyslexia-Friendly Books for Kids article by Rachel Rosenberg.
Rosenberg, R. (2022, February 22). Best Dyslexia-Friendly Books for Kids. Book Riot. Retrieved January 10, 2023, from https://bookriot.com/books-for-kids-with-dyslexia/