Welcome to the community events page! Here we will provide links to upcoming webinars and conferences related to accessible libraries.
After an event has taken place, if a recording and/or additional resources are available, the recording will be found on the Curated Accessibility Resources pages.
- AccessibleLibraries.ca will be providing more webinars in 2022. Stay tuned!
- January 17 at 1 PM ET: Accessible reading in the digital age: Finding the right tech that works for you: CELA Webinar
- January 20 at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET: Experiencing inaccessible PDFs and how the National Network for Equitable Library Service has been advancing the agenda of accessible publishing: Webinar by Daniella Levy-Pinto
- January 20 at 1:00 PM ET: Tools for Your Toolbox: Braille Resources for French Speakers of All Ages (French): A World Braille Day webinar
- January 25 at 12:00 PM ET: The Marketer’s Guide to Accessibility: TPGi Webinar
- January 25 at 1:00-2:00 PM EST: Expanded Delivery Options Project, what’s that? A webinar for Libraries about new accessible reading devices: CELA Webinar
- January 27 at 1:00 PM ET: Refreshing and Rethinking Braille Awareness Presentations with a Focus on Equity and Accessibility (English): A World Braille Day webinar
- February 1-5: Ontario Library Association (OLA) Super Conference: Gather / Se rassembler: Virtual conference.
- PLARC presentation: February 2 at 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM ET: Accessibility in Public Libraries in Canada: Gathering Our Strength.
- March 15-17th: Axe-con: Building Accessible Experiences: Virtual conference
- April 19: BC Library Conference: Virtual conference
- April 20-22: BC Library Conference: In-person conference
- May 4-6: Saskatchewan Libraries Conference: In-person conference
- May 9-12: John Slatin AccessU 2022: Virtual conference
- July 26-29: 87th International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress: In-person conference
- September 22, 24 hours: Inclusive Design 24 Conference: Virtual conference
- Looking Through the Crystal Ball: Innovations in Braille Technology for the 21st Century and Beyond a World Braille Day webinar.
- Launching a Sustainable Accessibility Program: TPGi Webinar
- Structuring Accessible Forms: TPGi Webinar
- Undertaking JAWS Screen Reader Compatibility Testing in Real Life: TPGi Webinar
- How to Make an Accessible Excel Workbook: TPGi Webinar