Creator: Deque University
Date Updated: October 21, 2022
The information on this page is summarized from the Digital Accessibility Courses & Accessibility Reference Library.
- You can have the option to enroll in one course or the entire curriculum Deque University offers. The price for one person (for the complete curriculum) is $315 USD. Groups of 5 people or more get a group discount, starting at $1400 USD (for 5 people).
- The courses offered by Deque University cover a range of digital accessibility topics. The topics include:
- Accessibility Fundamentals include different disabilities, legislation, online user experience, accessible documents, and much more.
- A training course will provide the information you need to pass the exam to become a Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC).
- Web Accessibility covers topics like the semantic web, visual design, creating forms, teleconferencing and much more.
- Accessibility QA testing teaches you how you can test your website using assistive technologies and following WCAG.
- Document Accessibility teaches you how to create accessible documents in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), PDFs, and EPUB.
- Customer Service for People with Disabilities focuses on creating an accessible user experience. It covers topics like etiquette and effective communication.
- Native Mobile App Accessibility teaches participants about creating accessible apps.
- Audit your website to make sure it is accessible. Deque University provides four videos (with subtitles) that depict a tester auditing the accessibility of a website. The videos are broken down into the following subjects:
- Visually Inspecting Mouse and Keyboard Functionality
- Visually Inspecting Color Contrast
- Automated Testing
- Guided Manual Testing
- When creating an accessible website, follow the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Deque University also provides a browser extension that offers automatic testing for websites that lets developers test the accessibility of specific areas of a website. There is a free and paid version.
- Test your website or digital content with assistive technologies. There are several different screen reader technology available that work with or are built into different platforms. To become familiar with screen readers, Deque University provides handy resources that you can consult.
Deque University (2021). Digital Accessibility Courses & Accessibility Reference Library. Web page. Retrieved from: https://dequeuniversity.com/
Deque (2021). axe DevTools. Web pager. Retrieved from: https://www.deque.com/axe/devtools/