Creator: Mozilla Developer Network (MDN)
Date Updated: October 21, 2022
The information is summarized from the Accessibility Mozilla Developer Network Web Docs.
- Web Accessibility means that your website is designed so that all can use it without barriers. An accessible website benefits everyone, including those who access your website on different devices or with slow internet connections.
- Accessibility should be a significant consideration from the beginning of the design process, and you should often test for any accessibility issues. This will make your website more user-friendly for everyone.
- Inform users about your website’s accessibility commitment and the features available. Give users a way to contact you if they encounter anything inaccessible on your website.
- Things to consider when creating an accessible website:
- Use semantic HTML
- WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications) defines a set of HTML attributes that can provide additional semantics and improve accessibility wherever it is lacking.
- Multimedia (video, audio, and image content) needs textual alternatives so that users of assistive technology can understand them.
- Consider how accessible your website is on different devices (mobile, tablets, etc.).
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). Accessibility. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Accessibility
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). What is accessibility?. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Accessibility/What_is_accessibility
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). HTML: a good basis for accessibility. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Accessibility/HTML
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). WAI-ARIA basics. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Accessibility/WAI-ARIA_basics
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). Accessible multimedia. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Accessibility/Multimedia
Mozilla Developer Network (2005-2021). Mobile accessibility. Retrieved from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Accessibility/Mobile