Creator: Neil Squire Society
Date Updated: October 21, 2021
Neils Squire Society is a comprehensive website that offers various services such as accessibility auditing, website and product testing, a service to help businesses develop an accessibility plan, an assistive technology help desk to assist users with their devices, and more.
The information is summarized from the Neil Squire Society website.
- The Neil Squire Society provides resources for employers to create an accessible work environment and hiring process, including:
- The Specialized Assistive Technology and Ergonomics program works with employers to create accessible workspaces (physical and digital). For example, assessing current assistive technologies available and training with assistive technologies.
- Connecting employers with skilled job candidates with disabilities.
- Helping employers and organizations be more accessible by working together in the research and development process.
- Neil Squire Access helps organizations engage and become more accessible for their patrons or customers with disabilities.
- The Neil Squire Society promotes learning programs for persons with disabilities. These include:
- Computer Comfort offers tutorials in computer technology and assistive technology.
- Digital Jumpstart offers tutorials for technical job skills (accessing email, video conferencing, the internet, and much more).
- Group Employment Skills (available only in Saskatchewan) trains groups of people on employment skills such as interview skills, how to write a resume, and exploring career opportunities.
- Job Focus helps persons with disabilities find jobs through training and helping them search for positions.
- Hearing Solutions helps those with hearing loss connect with medical experts and information about hearing aids.
- The AT Help Desk provides troubleshooting using assistive technologies.
- Makers Making Change connects persons with disabilities to assistive technologies.
Neil Squire (2021). Neil Squire: We use technology, knowledge and passion to empower Canadians with disabilities. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/
Neil Squire (2021). Solutions. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/solutions/
Neil Squire (2021). Working Together. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/workingtogether/
Neil Squire (2021). Research & Development Services. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/business-programs-services/research-development-services/
Neil Squire (2021). Neil Squire Access. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/ns-access/
Neil Squire (2021). Computer Comfort. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/computer-comfort/
Neil Squire (2021). Digital Jumpstart. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/digital-jumpstart/
Neil Squire (2021). Group Employment Skills. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/group-employment-skills/
Neil Squire (2021). Job Focus. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/job-focus/
Neil Squire (2021). Hearing Solutions. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/hearing-solutions/
Neil Squire (2021). AT Help Desk. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/contact-us/atlantic-regional-office/ta-atsupport/
Neil Squire (2021). Makers Making Change. Web page. Retrieved from: https://www.neilsquire.ca/individual-programs-services/makers-making-change/